Twenty Reasons Why St. Albans needs Walmart

There isn't enough traffic on Route 7.

All that concrete will stop agricultural run-off.

We'll be featured in the next "People of Walmart" e-mail that makes the rounds.

I'd only ever have to leave my car to climb into one of those motorized shopping carts.

We could use a few more empty storefronts on Main St.

I need more junk for next summer's yard sale.

Since the carnival left town there's no really good place to meet hot guys.

Arkansas could use the extra money.

Our kids need jobs they can aspire to when they drop out of high school.

I change my shower curtain every two weeks and discard my knickers daily.

Why buy local when we you can get lettuce imported from Chile and applesauce from China?

JC Penney doesn't carry those panties with saucy messages across the front.

Indonesian sweatshop laborers need the work. 

I just love the sound of tractor-trailers unloading at 4:00 in the morning!

There aren't enough places to get corn dogs and bad pizza in St. Albans.

It will get rid of all that pesky wildlife out there in the tall grass.

Gallons of Coke and Pepsi and all the Cheetos you can snort, at rock-bottom prices.

Women need to learn once and for all that they are second-class citizens and don't deserve equal pay and opportunities with men.

I believe Bill Nihan's fondest wish is to be a Walmart Greeter, although he may have some competition from Jim Douglas.

I'm bored and there's nothing on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment